Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Alexa

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung by brunetteaesthetic 

Hello again! I have been very inspired by Alexa Chung lately (and always!) so I decided I would give this beauty haul/ style report post a little touch of Alexa's quirky glamour. Above is my 2nd Alexa themed Polyvore set (here is the link to my first one: Alexa Chung Set #1). After reading her book "It" over and over again, I felt inspired to paint on my cat eye eyeliner and get to work on these Polyvore sets. Below is my rendition of her classic, glamorous cat eye. A little sloppy but it's a work in progress. I did this look with the e.l.f. liquid eyeliner and the Benefit they're real! push-up liner. Has anyone else read "It" and fallen completely in love? I know I have! After finishing the book for the third time, I felt like I knew Alexa as an old friend. The pictures and the illustrations in the book are so chic and the book couldn't have been writen better. Now onto the beauty haul. I spent today shopping around town for some new summer clothes and beauty products. I hit the jackpot when I found a high end clothing and beauty boutique called Tully Rector. Bellow are some pictures of my purchases. I was really pleased with everything I picked but what really stood out to me was the Lipstick Queen by Poppy Saint lip color in bright rose. It is a really bright, loud color, but it has a sheer finish so it isn't too in-your-face. I didn't find any clothing items that were worth the splurge but I have had my eye on some Zara t-shirts lately. These artsy shirts are abstract conversation starters that can be paired with a tea length skirt and heels or acid wash jeans and converse or doc martens. They would look good either way! Which one is your favorite? Please discuss in the comments section. I must go now but I will be back soon. 

-Maggie


T. LeClerc nail polish in Guimauve $18
Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Superstar $20

I really liked the color of the T. LeClerc one, but I had to apply about four coats to get an opaque finish.
The Deborah Lippmann one is a fantastic shade and it applied very nicely! It's not very summery but that never stopped me from wearing a gorgeous nail polish!


The Balm liquid TimeBalm spot concealer $20
Bliss Fabulips foaming lip cleanser $18

I actually didn't love the concealer because of two reasons: it only came in three shades and it had a horrible, chemically smell. The three shades are light, light-medium, and medium. I chose light-medium but I felt like it was a little too dark and light was too pale. I did however love the lip cleanser! I applied it to my lips using a q-tip, waited 20 seconds as it started to foam and tingle, and then washed it off. It feels like a lip massage in a bottle and it is super hydrating! I would defiantly recommend this to a friend!

 


Lipstick Queen by Poppy Saint in bright rose $22

A swatch of the sheer shade. This lipstick is really nice on because it only contains 10% pigment. It has a really creamy, moisturizing feel to it and I have a feeling that I will be using this lipstick quite frequently this summer.

T. LeClerc powder eyeshadow matte and iridescent duo in rose $27
This eyeshadow is one of my new favorites! The colors are a little pinky for my taste, but it looks amazing when it's applied! It isn't chalky at all, it stays put all day, and it doesn't crease! 



Zara T-Shirts





My favorite tee :)

I customized the inside of my book with a block print by Jill Evans-Kavaldjian

Bellow are my favorite shots from the book.




Alexa's drawing are fabulous

Karl Lagerfeld!!!












1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart, puh-leeze don't try to 'fit-in' withe passing world - they'll just use you to abuse you; try to fit-in withe eternal-God-in-Heaven who made YOU - precisely what I'm trying to do because this earth is only a testing ground, then eternity, either Up -or- down according to OUR choices. Think, too, please. Looky here…

    Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic+epiphany’ (=so much to give+vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon, girl…

    ReplyDelete