Monday, June 16, 2014

Blushing

Day to night


Hello everyone! Above is one of my newer Polyvore sets that shows a basic bralette and denim jeans look that is convertible from day-to-night. I have been doing alot of sets recently and I would love it if you would check them out. I have had so much time on my hands lately with school being out and I decided to take a trip to my favorite place in the world: ULTA! I picked up a few drugstore haircare products (John Frieda Frizz Ease smooth start conditionerBatise dry shampoo in Blush) and some blushes (Cargo beach blush in Cable BeachBenefit Cosmetics Cheek Me Out duo) The hair products were both really nice. The Batise dry shampoo was great for absorbing oil and it had a very feminine scent although, it did leave quite a lot of white residue! I use the John Frieda conditioner as an overnight mask, I slather it on, put on a shower cap, get some beauty rest, and then wake up with soft, silky strands. Now onto the blushes. I absolutely LOVED the Cargo blush! It is a 2-in-1 bronzer and blush that has a nice metallic finish. The pink tones in it are subtle and sweet but the bronzer is super shiny! The shimmer looked too intense when I swatched it, but it cools down when you apply it. Finally, the Benefit duo: This set features a mini of their pinkish/pearl highlighter, High Beam and their sheer, bright pink lip and cheek stain, Posietint. I thought high beam blended really nicely onto my skin and it gave me a natural glow. Posietint looked very bold on my cheeks and i barly had to use any to get full out color. It did not work on the lips at all though! It was drying, it sank into the creases of my lips, and the color lasted only for about 45 minutes! I recomend all of these products except for posietint because it is just too much to pay for an okay product. Now let's move on to the products that I have been dying to get my hands on: Milani Baked blush in LuminosoMac Pro Longwear blush in Rosy Outlook, and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Necter. I have been looking for a light pink blush that could double as a highlighter and the Milani blush and the shimmer brick would do just that. The Mac one is just a fabulous shade that is flattering on anyone. I have just been loving blush lately! Since I choose to keep my makeup simple in summer, bb cream, mascara, lip color, and a good blush are great for a pretty look that isn't to much. I hope these reviews will help you to chose some great products and avoid the not so good ones. 
-Maggie
Top: Posietint, middle: High Beam, and bottom: Beach blush

My Cargo Beach blush 


My Benefit Cheek me out

Milani Baked blush


Mac Pro Longwear blush
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick



No comments:

Post a Comment